Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Canucks-Blues Series Wrap Up

At the end of the series comes the handshake, so from a Canuck fan to St. Louis fans, here is mine.

Until Easter Sunday I had no idea who the Canucks were going to play. For the longest time, the newspapers were debating if it was better to play Columbus or Chicago. St. Louis was a surprise. The surge in the second half of the season was impressive. The threat of playing a team with quick young skaters and a killer PP was not something I looked forward to.

Even though we won, I am still impressed by the young Blues team. Your team, much like LA, will soon be teams in the West that I think, will be a force to reckon with. Your team played game 4 so aggressively that it had me digging my nails into my palms throughout the 3rd period and overtime. The number of times I cursed McDonald throughout this series shows how good of a player he was.

It was awesome to see the crowd back at games cheering on the Blues, the fans really brought a great atmosphere to game 3 and 4. I have enjoyed writing with Laura from Wazzupwitchu and admit that she really had better graphics than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment